The 2023 Protein Vision series consisted of two category focused events on 21 and 22 June, 2023. Each day included a morning and an afternoon session. Each session included interactive presentations, panel discussions and audience Q&As, and ran for 90 minutes.
Protein Vision is FREE and pre-registration is required.
We are currently working on the detailed programme for the 2023 Protein Vision Series. But in the meantime, you can take a look at key pillars covered this year:
2023 Protein Vision Series - Programme:
Wednesday 21 June, 2023 | 11am CET
Alt Meat: Dissecting plant-based meat: What’s working, and what’s not?
Plant-based has boomed in recent years, with flexitarians keen to try vegan alternatives of their meaty favourites. But signs that category growth is wavering suggests repeat purchases are not assured. How can plant-based meat makers reverse this trend and win over consumers for good?
Panel discussion: Time for an upgrade? Innovating plant-based to reboot category growth
Plant-based meat products are now commonplace on-shelf, but sales data suggests category growth is declining. Could it be time for an upgrade? We investigate how brands can attract, and keep, customers with innovative approaches to organoleptic profile, nutrition, sustainability, and marketing.
- How can nutritional profiles be improved, and ingredients lists shortened?
- Can absolute meat mimicry be achieved with the ingredients in the toolbox, and should that be the objective?
- How can sustainability credentials best be communicated to consumers?
Wednesday 21 June, 2023 | 3pm CET
Alt Meat: What’s next for the meat alternatives category?
Innovation has paved the way for alt meat makers looking to mimic the real thing. And there is more to come. Which innovative technologies and ingredients promise to mimic the taste, texture, and cooking behaviour of conventional meat?
Panel discussion: Fungi, seaweed, and beyond: The new ingredients promising to elevate alt meat
In search of clean, sustainable – and importantly tasty – ingredients for plant-based formulations, food makers are looking outside the box. From fungi to seaweed, new fats and ancient grains, how are unlikely ingredients contributing to a new wave of meat mimicry? We’ll explore the challenges and opportunities facing innovators in reaching, and convincing, consumers.
- Which new technologies and ingredients, both on the market and off, are driving innovation in slaughter-free meat?
- Sustainability 2.0: Next-gen alt meat doing more with less
- Consumer perception: Are shoppers ready for fungi in their burgers and seaweed in their steak?
Thursday 22 June, 2023 | 11am CET
Alt Dairy: Innovative NPD making a splash in alt dairy
With the global dairy alternatives market projected to reach over $61bn by 2029, what started as a niche offering is now commonplace in household fridges. Innovators are leaning into new product formats and category expansion to continue to grow alt-dairy, so what’s making a splash amongst consumers?
Panel discussion: From plant-based milk to vegan double cream: Expanding the alt dairy aisle
Plant-based milk has well and truly hit the mainstream. But innovative approaches to this category, as well as expansion into other dairy strongholds, continue to excite. From vegan ice cream to plant-based crème fraiche, how are new dairy-free formats continuing to grow the market, with taste, nutrition, and health in mind?
- How is ingredient diversity reinvigorating plant-based milks?
- Can new consumers be persuaded by plant-based yoghurt, ice cream and crème fraiche?
- From sustainability credentials to nutrition and taste, what’s helping new products stand out on shelf?
Thursday 22 June, 2023 | 3pm CET
Alt Dairy: What’s next for animal-free dairy?
Alt dairy brands want to achieve the experience of dairy, without the cow. Increasingly, tech pioneers are turning to next-gen solutions to achieve the creamy and indulgent profile consumers want. In this session, we’ll examine the R&D-fuelled innovation shaping the future of animal-free dairy.
Panel discussion: Alt dairy 2.0: The next-gen tech and ingredients revamping dairy-free
Innovation in alt dairy is exploding. As pioneering companies – both big and small – work to propel the category forward, we take a look at their novel ingredients, processes and techniques. How will these innovations shape the dairy aisle of tomorrow? Join our panel of experts to find out.
- Alt dairy tech trends: from precision fermentation to cell cultivated dairy
- Where are the whitespace opportunities in next-gen dairy-free?
- What challenges and opportunities exist in bringing Alt Dairy 2.0 to market?